Hi! We’re u2i – a tech company comprising of 60 problem-solvers with diverse skill sets in back end, front end, full stack, mobile, UX design, and DevOps. And we’re on the lookout for a Junior Developer to join our team in creating great products hand in hand with our abroad-based Clients.
But most importantly, we hope to find a true colleague and friend who’ll enjoy facing everyday challenges, striving for technical excellence, and growing together, as well as a solid partner in helping our Clients think about technology and navigate the treacherous paths of building digital products.
Sounds interesting? If so, keep reading.
As a Junior Developer @u2i you will
– join a 2-6 people team working directly with one of our overseas Clients on a daily basis
l- earn to become a consultant who gets a good grasp of the business side of the product or a technical problem, distills the right set of requirements, and thinks creatively about a solution
– not only develop great code, but also close, lasting relationships with our Clients
– have a real influence on what we build and how we build it, and contribute to the growth of a high-performing quality-focused team, which relies on trust, shared responsibility, and self-organization
– make a tangible difference in people’s lives by contributing to either of several EdTech or MedTech projects, or perhaps become part of the unwavering success of a Big Data product around social media platforms and measurement.
We might be a great match for each other if you are
– interested in developing complete solutions in direct partnership with our Clients
– convinced that a great software engineer makes smart choices to achieve great results – you don’t limit yourself to the roles, frameworks, or languages you already know
eager to learn new things, some of which go beyond your technical skills, and master the ones you already know
– a true problem-solver – you’re on a constant search of “the why” of things and decisions, you’re proactive and disruptive of the status quo
– not afraid to tackle both front and back end (in varying proportions)
– familiar with the core concepts of relational databases and have knowledge of SQL of some flavor
– take interest in the well-being of others and the company as a whole
We might also be a great match for each other if you have
– 0.5+ years of experience in software development
– a degree in IT/Computer Science (or you’re at least a 3rd-year student of these majors)
– very good command of English (B2+) and feel comfortable using it on a daily basis
– acquired a decent knowledge of at least one back-end programming language used in web development, and you’re eager to develop your skills in new technologies,
– an open and curious mind – you’re eager to experiment and see opportunities where others don’t
– some experience in working within a team and are great to collaborate with
– the “how” attitude – you hold ‘clean code’ practices at heart and take responsibility for the quality of solutions delivered; you’re happy to go the extra mile when an opportunity to make things a bit better comes your way.
It would also be great if you
– the knowledge around concepts, tools, and designs of web applications
– an understanding of agile and Lean methodologies for a seamless and adaptive workflow
– had the opportunity to work directly with a client (especially US-based)
What you also might like to know is that
We’re an employee-empowered company. This means that you will have an actual impact on the company’s actions and a share in its profits. Also, we have incorporated many elements of a flat structure, so you won’t have to work around any communication barriers. And finally, we believe that autonomy is the springboard for awesome ideas, so we’ll give you the tools and independence to experiment and own your initiatives.
What does the recruitment process look like?
– It will take us up to a few days to review your application and get back to you in an email.
– If there is potential for a match, we’ll invite you to solve a few Codility tasks. You’ll have around a week’s time to complete it.
– If your solutions meet our criteria, we’ll invite you for a 30-40 min remote chat with Weronika, our Recruitment Devil, and one of our developers, to get to know you a bit better, discuss your Codility answers and perhaps complete a quick extra task or two.
– Should all go well, we’ll meet for the final step which is a 2,5h interview with our developers (remote or onsite – it’s up to you). It’ll be divided into two parts. First, we’d love to hear more about your experience, and tell you a bit more about u2i over freshly ground coffee. After a short break, we’ll jump into the technical part where you’ll have the chance to truly show off your skills.
– Regardless of our decision, we will make sure that you receive timely feedback during each stage of the process.
– If it turns out that we’re a great match for each other then welcome to u2i! We’ll be happy to start your onboarding shortly.